L’Oréal India strongly believes that Science is the source of progress, and the contribution of women is vital to its future. That is why we have initiated the L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship Programme, which encourages and supports young women to pursue careers in science.
The programme was instituted in 2003 and has consistently helped young women to pursue scientific studies. A scholarship of upto INR 250,000/- each is granted to promising but economically disadvantaged young women and covers college fees for study in any scientific field in a recognized college or university in India.
1. What is the scholarship amount?
The scholarship consists of up to Rs. 2.5 lacs, granted in equal annual instalments over the period of the degree of study, subject to the submission of proof of the candidate passing each year.
2. How many scholarships have been granted till date?
Till date we have given more than 300 scholarships.
3. In which field of Science is this scholarship granted?
This scholarship is open for graduation study in any field of science – pure sciences, applied sciences, engineering, medical or any other graduate courses pertaining to science stream.
4. What are the criteria and the process for selecting candidates?
This scholarship is for:-
- Women desirous for pursuing graduation study in any field of science from a recognized college/university in India
- Women candidates who have passed class XII in science stream from India in academic year 2018-19
- Scored minimum 85% in PCM/PCB/PCMB in class XII
- Annual family income of the applicant is less than INR 4 Lakhs.
- Not more than 19 years as on 31/05/2019
- Shortlisted candidates and her parents will be called to attend an interview in Mumbai/ Delhi/ Bangalore/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata (based on the proximity of the candidate) at their own cost. The interview will be conducted by a jury consisting of eminent members of the scientific and academic communities along with L’Oréal India representatives.
5. Is the scholarship given as a loan? What if the amount required for the education is less than 2.5 lakhs?
The scholarship amount is paid in equal annual instalments and is not given as a loan. While it does not have to be refunded by the recipient, it is subject to the student passing her exams. Students found to have submitted false information will have to refund the scholarship amount.