Institut Mines-Télécom is a group of top 12 graduate schools of engineering and 1 management school in France.
It is the largest consortium with 8% of the total masters degrees in engineering awarded every year in France. Institut Mines-Télécom comes under the Ministry of Industry. It has partnerships with all the major companies and has an SME network at every level of its activities: higher education, research, technology transfer, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Courses offered for the scholarship- Master of Engineering
Students of this “Programme Grande Ecole” (in French) get a French Diplôme d’Ingénieur at the end of their studies; it is a professional master’s degree. This flagship programme of the Institut Mines-Télécom offered at the Institut’s schools are mostly taught in French. Intensive French classes are a part of the course curriculum. Entrance is very selective: only the top 3% of elite students are able to gain entry into 1 of the 12 engineering graduate schools.
The two-year programme includes a paid internship during the last semester of the programme. Students can apply for a PhD in Institut Mines-Telecom after this programme. All Master of Engineering programmes are accredited at the national level and have the EUR-ACE European quality label.
The IMT scholarship is offered to students who:
- are Indian nationals
- hold a Bachelors’ degree in engineering (B.Tech or B.E)
- wish to pursue a Master’s degree in engineering studies (Diplôme d’Ingénieur programme only, not Master of Science)
- have been admitted to one of the schools of the Institut through the selection tests organised every year in India.
Note: Pure science students may be considered if they have an excellent profile. For eg; a BSc. in Maths or Physics may be considered for exceptional profiles.
The benefits offered by the French government are:
- Stipend for daily expenditure (5500€/year for the two-year programme)
- Students awarded an Institut Mines-Télécom scholarship will be simultaneously awarded a French government scholarship for the duration of the programme. Separate application is not required; it will be awarded by the French Embassy in India when Institut Mines Télécom declares the results of the IMT scholarship
- Free student visa, including Campus France fee waiver
- Medical insurance coverage for the duration of the programme
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation in France
An online application has to be filled prior to the recruitment tests (it comprises of a written exam and an oral interview). This application form will be made available to students 2 months prior to the recruitment. Recruitments will be held in early October. Cities where recruitments will be held in are yet to be decided.
Deadline for uploading documents on the application tool: end of September.
Institut Mines-Télécom reviews the students’ academic results, performance in the recruitment tests (both written and oral interviews) and their professional projects based on the documents uploaded on the Master’s degree online application tool that are available online in July.
Results are declared by mid-November.
For more information, please contact Ms. Divya Trivedi, Representative in India for Institut Mines-Télécom: email@example.com