We believe that it is our responsibility to help those students who may not be able to pursue a degree in Law solely because of lack of funds.
The Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati Scholarship Fund aims to provide aspiring law students from an underprivileged background the opportunity to study in any law college in India in which they secure admission through merit.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING UP THE APPLICATION FORM AND TO NOTE THAT IF THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT FOLLOWED OR IF FULL INFORMATION IS NOT GIVEN, THE APPLICATION FORM IS LIABLE TO BE REJECTED WITHOUT ANY PRIOR INTIMATION TO THE APPLICANT.
The GEV Scholarship Fund grants only scholarships to students who are citizens of India, regardless of community, caste or creed.
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must fulfill the following eligibility criteria. They must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be applying for or already enrolled for LLB/LLM degree courses (all year)
- Be enrolled or applying for admissions to recognized Law Colleges in India
- Have an annual family income from all sources not more than ₹10,00,000 (10 lakhs)
- Be willing to sign-up for annual mentorship programs to assist and nurture the next batches of GEV Merit Scholars.
- Students should have scored a minimum 60% in X and XII board exams
Scholarships are granted only if students fulfill the above eligibility criteria and can be revoked at any time if students fail to participate, attend or perform in their academic studies, or fail to comply with the regulations of the program.
All Applications should be made by downloading the form and sending it with all the supporting documents to either of the following:
Scholarship Benefits and Awards:
The complete benefits of the GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship 2019 for Law Students include:
- ₹ 50,000 aid per scholar per year towards payment of tuition fees and other academic expenses.
- Subsequent Scholarship installment will be based on the scholars’ academic performance
- Scholars will also receive mentoring from top law professionals and GEV Scholars
- Exposure among the Judiciary Community of India from events/interactions organized under the mentorship program
via speed post to
GEV Scholarship Fund
115 Maker Chambers VI
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be vetted by the trustees and chosen at their discretion.
Application period –
April 15th to 31st May, 2019
Students giving their law exams this year will get an extended deadline to apply until August 2019
Duly fill and sign Application Form and send along with the required documents to
GEV Scholarship Fund,
Buddy4Study, 4th Floor, Technopolis IT Hub,
C- 56 A/12, Sec- 62, Noida, UP, India – 201 301.
- Copies of the Mark sheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to latest qualification)
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies
- Income proof (income certificate, BPL card, salary statement, IT returns) of applicant’s parents.
- Copy of CLAT results
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card