In collaboration with the UK’s GREAT Britain campaign, the British Council is offering up to 35 full tuition scholarships over a broad range of subjects. This is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to access a UK university education.
The GREAT Scholarships 2019 are for prospective students enrolling into participating UK higher education institutions on full-time undergraduate or postgraduate courses starting in September or October 2019.
For undergraduate students, the scholarship covers the tuition fee for the first year of study only.
For postgraduate students, the scholarship covers the full tuition fee for one-year master’s degrees, or the tuition fee for the first year of two-year master’s degrees.
Please note, other costs, such as travel and living expenses, are not covered by the scholarship and are the responsibility of the scholar.
For a full list of all participating UK higher education institutions, please refer to the document in the ‘Download’ section below.
- Applicants must have completed their secondary education in India.
- Applicants must be Indian passport holders and resident in India at the time of application.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic and extra-curricular track record.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
- Applicants must be nominated by a participating UK higher education institution by15 May 2019.
- Nominated applicants must complete and submit an application form through their chosen UK higher education institution.
- Applications will be reviewed by a select panel and decisions will be made in accordance with set parameters.
Please see below for details.
Steps for applicants
|Art – Visual and creative||Biological Sciences/ Life sciences||Climate change, Sustainability and Environmental Science|
|Conflict Resolution/Peace Studies||Education||Engineering and Technology|
|Gender Studies and Ageing||Human rights||Humanities|
|Math, Statistics and Data Sciences||Natural and Physical Sciences||Public Administration, Governance and Social Policy|
|Public Health and Behavioural science||Social Sciences and Development Studies||Urban planning and infrastructure development|
ABOUT THE GREAT CAMPAIGN
The GREAT Britain campaign is a UK government initiative to encourage and support the international community to visit, study and do business with the UK. The British Council is a partner in the campaign and supports international students in accessing a UK education through its Study UK campaign.
- GREAT Scholarships 2019_participating HEIs(Adobe PDF 112KB)
- GREAT Scholarships_Applicant Terms and Conditions(Adobe PDF 108KB)
Connect with the UK universities offering GREAT Scholarships 2019
Click here for more details